Centre for Development of the South-East Planning Region, Strumica
- „Revision of the main project for construction of “Konsko” dam with adjacent objects“;
- „Paljurci – cohesion between natural beauty and primeval past“;
- „Establishment of Cross-border Network among the Municipal Experts on Projects and Programmes in the Cross-border Region“ – PM-NET;
- „Support the employment of women and young“;
- „Developing a strategy for small and medium enterprises for the South-East planning region“;
- „Revitalization of the coast of Dojran Lake“ – Star Dojran, etc.
At the moment the Centre for development is implementing 7 projects:
- “Efficient usage of solar energy for better future” – SP- FUTURE;
- “Amphitheater – Paljurci”;
- “Regional Business Center” – Gevgelija;
- “Arranging the area around the monasteries of “St. George” in v. Oraovica and “St. Spas” in v. Konche;
- “Construction of local road from the v. Bansko – Municipality of Strumica to the v. Monospitovo – Municipality Bosilovo in length of 897m”;
- “Improving of road network for development of rural cross border area” – AGRAS;
- “Industrial zones and commercial roads in the cross-border area”- ZONES AND ROADS.
Partners in the implementation of projects are institutions from R. Bulgaria, Greece, municipalities in the region, GIZ RED Programme etc. and the projects are mainly financed by the IPA cross-border cooperation of the EU, GIZ RED, and Bureau for Regional Development, Ministries of the Government of the country, embassies of EU-member state in the IPA country, and other European funds as well. In order to ensure balanced regional development and increase the quality of life for the citizens in the region, the Centre for development of the SEPR is constantly working on developing new projects and applies to receive funding for their implementation.
The Region of Central Macedonia and its importance for the regional economic development
Region of Central Macedonia is second most populated region in Greece with a population of near 2 million. It is located in the central part of Greece and is one of thirteen regions in Greece. Established in 1987, is divided in seven regional units : Chlkidiki, Imathia, Kilkis, Pella, Pieria, Serres, and its capital, Thessaloniki. There are 38 municipalities in the region. The tourists flow of 18.2% of the total flow of the country makes this region to be the most visited region in Greece. Thessaloniki is the major economic, commercial, politic and industrial centre of the region and the country. It is a major transportation hub and a one of the most important commercial ports in Europe. Because of these facts, the importance of Thessaloniki and whole region is significant for the economic development of Greece, but also its important for the development of Republic of Macedonia like a neighbor country. To improve the economic development , both countries, using the funds available from EU, are working in a partnership in the implementation of the projects awarded by EU from the IPA cross border programme 2007 – 2013.